I enjoy sometimes watching food network. I like Ellie Krieger because she makes healthy and delicious dishes
I tried the Rice and black bean Pilaf. Achraf and I absolutely loved it.
- 1 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 2 1/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced (1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped oregano or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1 large carrot, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chili flakes
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped parsley leaves
Place rice and chicken broth in a saucepot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook rice, covered, until tender and all the liquid is absorbed, 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from heat, uncover, and fluff with a fork.
Heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until onions are soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, oregano, celery, carrot, cumin and chili flakes and cook, stirring occasionally, until carrots are tender but not mushy, about 6 minutes. Stir in black beans and cook until just warmed through, about 1-2 minutes.
Combine onion-black bean mixture and hot rice in a serving bowl and toss to combine. Garnish with parsley.