I was looking for a recipe of pecan cookies and I found this recipe and I decided to try it. It is delicious and very easy to make.
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup of margarine (not melted) I used Butter
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 3/4 cup all purpose flour ( I used whole white flour)
- 2/3 cup of chopped pecans
- 2 1/4 teaspoons of baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a cookie sheet with nonstick spray.
- Blend the eggs with the sugar.
- Beat in the margarine, water and vanilla till smooth.
- Add the flour, pecans and baking powder.
- Mix until a soft dough ball forms.
- Divide the dough in three equal portions
- On a lightly floured surface roll each portion into a log shape.
- Place the three rolls on the baking sheet.
- Bake for twenty minutes.
- Remove logs from the cookie sheet and let cool for five minutes.
- Cut the logs on an angle into half inch slices.
- Re-spray the baking sheet with non stick spray.
- Place the slices cut side down on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Flip the cookies to the other side.
- Bake for an additional 10-12 minutes.
Store in an airtight container for 2 weeks or freeze for about a month. Goes great with coffee or tea.