I invited Seetha and Brad for a grill burger dinner. I wanted to challenge myself and do a homemade veggie burger instead of buying frozen ones. The result is absolutely delcious.
I found this recipe in allrecipes.com. I’m not a vegetarian and I preferred the veggie one. I modified the original recipe
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 green bell pepper, shredded finely in the food processor
- 1/2 onion, shredded finely in the food processor
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 egg
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon Thai chili sauce or hot sauce
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- If grilling, preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil a sheet of aluminum foil. If baking, preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C), and lightly oil a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, mash black beans with a fork until thick and pasty.
- In a food processor, finely chop bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Then stir into mashed beans.
- In a small bowl, stir together egg, chili powder, cumin, and chili sauce.
- Stir the egg mixture into the mashed beans. Mix in bread crumbs until the mixture is sticky and holds together. Divide mixture into four patties. Forze them for 2 hours to prevent them from falling apart while grilling.
- If grilling, place patties on foil, and grill about 8 minutes on each side. If baking, place patties on baking sheet, and bake about 10 minutes on each side