''simple and simply delicious'' by Sylvie Rocher.
For 4 persons, you will need:
1 shallot ( I used scallions)
2 tbp butter
4 pound mussels cleaned
1 bottle of beer (I used Heineken light)
2 tbsp of flour
1 egg yolk
3.5 oz (100 ml) cream ( I used creme fraiche)
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp of fresh parsely, chopped
1. Chop the onions and shallot and place in a saucepan with 1 tbsp of butter. Cook untill golden. Add
beer, salt and pepper to taste.
2. Add mussels and cook untill they open.
3 Filter the sauce from the mussels and put it in a saucepan.
4. Add the rest of the butter and flour. Stir in untill you obtain thick mixture.
5. Mix the egg yolk and cream and add it to the rest of the sauce. Stir and pour over the mussels.
6. Cook for 5 minutes and serve. The mussels must be well open
7. Sprinkle with fresh parsely.